Beginning Monday, June 1, 2020, additional businesses that were closed due to COVID-19 will be allowed to reopen with restrictions on capacity and requirements for social distancing and enhanced sanitation that will help to reduce the spread of COVID-19 while allowing Homestead’s economy to rebound.
In addition to the businesses already permitted to open, hotels and swimming pools will be permitted to open. The following businesses will not be allowed to reopen at this time: gyms, theaters, bowling alleys, and bars and nightclubs.
The following parks are already open for limited use: Blakey Park, Audubon Park, Mayor Roscoe Warren Municipal Park, James Archer Smith Park, and Homestead Sports Complex. These City parks are open from 7am to 8pm for passive use such as walking, jogging, biking, or rollerblading; open space picnics with groups of 10 or less; and recreational passing and catching in open areas. Other City Facilities, including Roby George Park Pool, will remain closed to the public.
Detailed information on businesses allowed to open and requirements for opening can be found at www.cityofhomestead.com/coronavirus. Simplified information for hotels and pools can be found below.
• 100% capacity for individual rooms
• 50% capacity for all common areas, including elevators
• Place hand sanitizer stations in common areas
• Enhanced sanitation protocols
• No valet service where onsite parking is available
• Staggered guest check-in with social distance marking and enforcement
• Place hand sanitizing and/or disinfectant wipe stations around the pool deck and in public restrooms
• Establish one-way flow in and out of the pool deck
• Place markings for social distancing and remove chairs and lounge chairs to achieve appropriate spacing between guests.
For additional information on COVID-19 in Homestead, visit www.cityofhomestead.com/coronavirus. In addition, residents can call the City’s Coronavirus Hotline 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday at 305-224-4438 or send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haz clic para leer en Español: Homestead anuncia normas para aperturas adicionales en la “nueva normalidad” a partir del 1 de junio