As a part of Target’s and the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s efforts to build 100 mini-pitches nationwide by 2020, the two organizations are teaming up with Miami-Dade Parks to unveil a new double-pitch at South Dade Park (28151 SW 164th Ave., Homestead, FL 33033).
The new mini-pitches represent the latest development in the U.S. Soccer Foundation’s It’s Everyone’s Game national movement to ensure children in underserved communities can enjoy the health and youth development benefits of the game. Target is a national partner in this effort.
The Foundation’s goal is to engage one million children annually in Soccer for Success, its free after-school program, and build 1,000 new safe places to play by 2026. Soccer for Success coach-mentors from FLIPANY, which runs Soccer for Success in the area, will be in attendance to lead activities on the new pitches. Local Soccer for Success participants, families, and community members are invited to participate in soccer activities on the new pitches and in Target-led activities such as a challenge wheel, “soccer pool,” and a photo booth.
The ceremony will be held on Monday, January 28, 2019 at 3p.m and will include short remarks from:
· Fernando Fiore, FOX Sports broadcaster, U.S. Soccer Foundation ambassador
· Miami-Dade County District 8 Commissioner Daniella Levine Cava
· Ed Foster-Simeon, President & CEO, U.S. Soccer Foundation
· Pilar Bonelli, Target Store Team Leader
· Lynne Kunins, President & CEO, FLIPANY, Soccer for Success partner