The Homestead Mayor’s Youth Council’s 2018 Homestead Youth Achiever Scholarship application is now open. Thanks to community fundraising efforts spearheaded by the Youth Council and Homestead Councilwoman Patricia Fairclough, a limited number of $500 scholarships will be awarded to qualified high school seniors. Applications are due April 1, 2018.
“The Homestead community has so many exceptional students ready to fulfill their dreams, and the cost of higher education should never stop our youth from succeeding,” said Councilwoman Fairclough. “The Youth Achiever Scholarship is one way the Mayor’s Youth Council and I are hoping to ease the transition from high school to college.”
Current high school seniors that live within the City of Homestead and have been accepted for full time enrollment in a two or four year college or university for Fall 2018 are eligible to apply. They should also exhibit ambition and drive; determination to set and reach goals; respect for self, family, and community; and the ability and will to succeed in college.
Applicants to the Homestead Mayor’s Youth Council Achievement Community Scholarship must:
• Be a resident within the City of Homestead limits
• Be a current high school senior who has been accepted full-time in an accredited two-year or four-year college or university for the entire 2018-2019 academic year. (Please provide copies of acceptance letter(s)).
• Have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0
• Have shown a commitment to volunteering throughout the community through a minimum of 200 meaningful community service hours. (Please provide documentation supporting hours of service).
• Demonstrate ambition and self-drive as evidenced by outstanding achievement in school, community or work-related activities.
· Additional points will be provided to applicants with community service hours exceeding 300.
Download the application and review all eligibility requirements at www.cityofhomestead.com/youthachiever. Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com or returned to the Office of Councilwoman Fairclough at Homestead City Hall (100 Civic Court, Homestead, FL 33030) no later than Sunday, April 1, 2018. Call 305-224-4456 for more information.
Haz clic para leer en Español: Inician las solicitudes para Beca Homestead Youth Achiever