Beginning Wednesday, May 20, 2020, recreational passing and catching will be allowed between two people in open spaces at City of Homestead Parks that have already been opened as part of Homestead’s “New Normal.” The types of passing and catching allowed include baseball, football, Frisbee, and soccer. Basketball and batting practice will not be permitted.
The following parks are already open from 7am to 8pm for passive use only such as walking, jogging, biking, or rollerblading:
· Blakey Park, 600 SW 14th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33030
· Audubon Park, South Audubon Drive, Homestead, FL 33035
· Mayor Roscoe Warren Municipal Park, 1400 East Palm Drive, Homestead, FL 33035
· James Archer Smith Park, 300 NW 12th Street, Homestead, FL 33030
· Homestead Sports Complex, 1061 SE 28th Avenue, Homestead, FL 33035
The use of facial covering is required at all times unless engaging in strenuous physical activity. No gatherings of 10 or more persons are allowed. Homestead Parks & Recreation Staff will be on site to enforce social distancing protocols within the park and prevent any unauthorized uses.
For additional information on COVID-19 in Homestead, visit www.cityofhomestead.com/coronavirus. In addition, residents can call the City’s Coronavirus Hotline 8am – 5pm Monday – Friday at 305-224-4438 or send questions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Haz clic para leer en Español: Actividades permitidas en los parques de la ciudad de Homestead a partir del 20 de mayo