Register your child at any one of Miami-Dade Parks’ exciting Spring Break camps where they will enjoy active play and engage with nature. Parents can choose to enroll their child at either the Fit2Play™ General Program camp or Specialized Camps, which focus on a specific interest or need. Camps will be held March 25-29, 2019, Monday through Friday, from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., with early drop-off available at 7:30 a.m. and late pick-up until 6 p.m.
Fit2Play™ General Camp will thrill and challenge youngsters, ages 6-14, with a variety of activities from fitness, sports, arts & crafts, to games and exciting field trips. The cost is $40-$90⁄week, depending on the program. Financial assistance is available to those who qualify. Registration is underway. There must be a minimum of 15 paid participants by March 15, in order to run the camp. If there are less than 15 participants registered by March 15, Miami-Dade Parks reserves the right to remove the camp from operation. Register ONLINE.
Specialized Camps offer a wide selection of interests for your child. Fees vary per camp. Click on links for costs and information.
The Children’s Trust Spring Break camps for Children with Disabilities. No cost. There are four parks offering spring break camps for children with disabilities, grades 6-12.
* Westwind Lakes Park– For children grades 6-12 with disabilities, 6805 SW 152 Ave. Miami; 305-380-9106. For more information email Randall.Flagler@miamidade.gov.
* Gould’s Park – For children grades 6-12with disabilities, 11350 SW 216 St., Miami; 305-234-1673. For more information email JSantia@miamidade.gov.
* Gwen Cherry Park – For children grades 6-12with disabilities, 7090 NW 22 Ave., Miami; 305- 694-4889, ext. 250. For more information email BPhilli@miamidade.gov.
* Tamiami Park – For children grades 6-12 with disabilities, 11201 SW 24 St. Miami; 305-222-2128. For more information email ArleneB@miamidade.gov.
Additional Disability Services Spring Camps for ages 6-22:
* Camp Matecumbe –13841 SW 120 St. Miami; 305-752-4966. Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Cost: $100 per week, plus $15 one-time registration fee. For more information email Diana.Bonet@miamidade.gov.
* Ojus Park, 18995 West Dixie Hwy., North Miami Beach; 305-935-4588. Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-6 p.m. Cost: $100 per week, plus $15 one-time registration fee. For more information email Thera.Johnson@miamidade.gov.
Children with disabilities are welcome at all Miami-Dade Parks’ programs. Contact the park manager to develop an inclusion plan as early as possible.
Zoo Miami Spring Camp “Wildlife Warriors” Campers will dive into the world of wildlife conservation exploring the many issues our animal friends face. Bloom this spring as we discover what we can do at home to help save the planet! Come face-to-face with our animals, plant native butterfly plants, participate in fun hands-on science experiments and much more! Meal plans and Adopt-an-Animal are also available. For more information or to register, visit http://www.zoomiami.org/zoo-camps. Miami EcoAdventures Camps™
Let your child explore the wild side of the parks in this nature-based camp packed with fun and educational programming. Campers will perform scientific experiments, go on environmental fieldtrips, and engage in athletic activities in the great outdoors while under the safety of our staff’s supervision. Two camps are being offered this spring:
* Camp Black Bear at A.D. Barnes Park This camp meets at the A.D. Barnes Park Nature Center; please bring drinking water, comfortable closed-toe shoes, lunch, and protection from the sun. Field trip fees are additional. For more information or to register: http://bit.ly/2EPHKXk
* Camp Manatee at Greynolds Park This camp meets at the Greynold’s Park Boathouse; please bring drinking water, comfortable closed-toe shoes, lunch, and protection from the sun. Field trip fees are additional. For more information or to register: http://bit.ly/2EW8JRe
Deering Estate Spring Camp “Hooked”
At Deering Spring Camp, children age 6-14, will be getting hooked on the world of marine biology, and reeling in the fun while exploring Mangrove Forests, Salt Marshes, and Seagrass Beds. Through dissections, experiments, crafts, and hikes. Campers will be diving into a week of aquatic exploration to emerge as coastal defenders. Mon.-Fri., March 25-29, 7:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Register ONLINE or call 305-235-1668 ext. 233. For more information, visit the Deering Estate website. Deering Estate, 16701 SW 72 Ave., Miami.
Junior Golf Spring Camp
Junior Golf offers three locations for spring break camps. For more information or to register, visit http://golfmiamidade.com/junior-golf-camp/.
* The Whole Game Golf School at Country Club of Miami
For junior golfers ages 8-15. This camp at Country Club of Miami will provide the opportunity to learn the basic fundamentals of golf in a fun, engaging environment. Includes instruction, practice balls, and short course play. Half-day Camp, 9 a.m. – noon daily, $155 per week (4-day session). Full Day Session, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. daily, $235 per week (4-day session).
* Crandon Golf Academy
For junior golfers ages 4-15. This camp at Crandon Golf at Key Biscayne will teach beginner and elite golfers alike, using swing analysis and the latest instruction techniques. Beginner & Elite Half-day Session, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The curriculum of this camp covers full swing analysis, short game, putting, rules, and golf etiquette, with contests & prizes. Cost: $250 per week (does not include lunch) Elite Full-Day Session, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. This camp is designed for advanced junior golfers. The curriculum covers full swing with video analysis, short game, putting, golf etiquette and rules, with course management and strategy. Includes lunch and on-course play with tournament at end of week. Cost: $500 (lunch included)
* Palmetto Golf Academy
For junior golfers ages 8-15. This camp at Palmetto Golf Course will teach beginner and elite
golfers alike, using swing analysis and the latest instruction techniques. Half-day Session, 9 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The curriculum covers full swing analysis, short game, putting, rules, and golf etiquette, with contests & prizes. Cost: $225 per week (does not include lunch)
For a complete list of camp locations and contacts, visit the Miami-Dade Parks Fit2Play™ Spring Break Camps web page. The public may also dial 3-1-1 for the Miami-Dade County Information Hotline.